Leather is a natural product and the uniqueness of each hide is identified by growth lines, scars and other natural marks. It originally came from the skin of an animal and it’s important to bear this in mind when considering the purchase of a footstool from our store.
Aged leather bears lines and some creases yet these add the leather’s unique characteristics and should not be regarded as defects and will not affect the long term performance of your cube footstool. This naturalness gives leather its beauty and unique character that distinguishes it from synthetic alternatives.
The graining of leather is a technique applied by leather manufactures to hide the irregularities of an indivudual skin. Grained leather masks “imperfections” and provides consistency of appearance. If you are looking for a consistant and regular material finish then this should be your leather choice.
As a natural product and the uniqueness of each hide is identified by growth lines, scars and other natural marks. It originally came from the skin of an animal and it’s important to bear this in mind. This naturalness gives leather its beauty and unique character that distinguishes it from synthetic alternatives. Aged leather bears marks and some creases yet these add the leather’s unique characteristics and should not be regarded as defects and should not affect the long term performance of your footstool. The leather will age over time and this will further enhance appearance.
Leather production is the second oldest industry known to man and the original method of tanning involved using vegetable extracts to make leather for warriors’ equipment (e.g. belts and saddles etc). This type of leather would typically last longer and remain more supple if it was fed. However, modern leather most frequently uses metal salts as a tanning compound and the lubricants used in the production process are much more advanced and refined than the products of yesteryear. There are no banned or restricted substances within any of these products or products that could potentially pollute.
Leather is relatively easy and straightforward to clean and care for.
- Wipe away stains with a soft damp cloth as soon as they occur but take care not to scrub the surface
- Dust with a soft cloth and vacuum frequently to ensure that small particles of dirt don’t gather and abrade the leather
- Cleaners and conditioners are available to help maintain this aged leather type and we recommend that you use these from new. To buy these products we recommend our partners Buffalo Leather and Repair (01772 611449 buffaloleather.co.uk)
- Simple stains can be cleaned using a specialist leather cleaning wipe. For longer lasting and hard to remove stains, always refer to a stain industry professional.
We hope this has been an interesting introduction to the characteristics of leather and hope it helps when you decide to make a purchase through our store. Please remember we are always on hand to proffer advice and welcome your feedback. Contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 276 0171 for more information.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: brand furniture, cube seating, drum seating, footstools, Footstools Direct, footstoolsdirect, LEATHER, ottomans, Tanning